Average U.S. Wedding Cost in 2018: $24,723
According to The Wedding Report, the average wedding cost in the U.S. market dropped by 4% from $25,764 in 2017 to $24,723 in 2018.
There were several significant wedding cost adjustments in a few wedding categories:
|Notable Cost Increases from 2017 to 2018||Percent Change|
|Planner/Consultant for Getting Started||Up 75%|
|Planner/Consultant for Month of Direction||Up 16.7%|
|Notable Cost Decreases from 2017 to 2018||Percent Change|
|Entertainment - Live Band||Down 36.7%|
|Entertainment - Musicians, Soloist, Ensemble||Down 27.9%|
|Reception Menus||Down 25.5%|
|Digitial Photo CD/DVD||Down 21.3%|
|Wedding Videographer||Down 20.4%|
|Limo Rental||Down 31.8%|
Per the report itself, a few key points were highlighted with respect to 2018 U.S. Weddings:
- Almost every item is seeing lower demand with the exception of a few items. Event location, food, and decorations all saw higher demand.
- Couples are looking for an "experience" vs a traditional wedding which may reflect the increase in prices in planning services; such as, day of, getting started, and month of direction.
- The average number of wedding guests in 2018 was 125.
- The average travel distance from home to get married was 48 miles.
- The average number of 2018 bridesmaids was 4.
- The average number of 2018 groomsmen was 4.
Source: The Wedding Report